If your windows are worn down and hard to open, it may be time to replace them. Many homeowners have reservations about replacing their windows because of the potentially high bill. What they don’t understand is that with replacement windows, you get what you pay for.
When you choose to work with Blue Ridge Exteriors, you’re guaranteed to get a quality-made replacement window worthy of the price. We have a wide selection of window styles and hundreds of customization options to choose from. What you choose may affect the overall cost of your window replacement project, and your project could range anywhere from $200 to over $1,000. Take a look at what we consider when determining the price:
What Determines the Price of Replacement Windows?
- Window Type: Our wide variety of replacement window types will satisfy your needs. We provide smaller windows like casement, awning, and double-hung that cost around $300 to $500 for bedrooms and kitchens, and large window combinations like bay and bow that can get up to $2,000 or $4,000. Whatever your Richmond area home needs – small, large, picturesque, or out-of-the-way – we can find the perfect window.
- Material: Different materials vary in cost. Composite and fiberglass windows are incredibly durable, making them more costly than their wooden competitors. Blue Ridge Exteriors provides the best vinyl replacement windows in Richmond. Vinyl provides the perfect balance of quality-made material at a lower price, ranging from $100 to $900.
- Size: At Blue Ridge Exteriors, our replacement windows are custom-built to your specifications. Keep in mind that size affects both material costs and installation. Depending on how big or small you want your window, it may be more or less expensive.
- Labor: Our professional window contractors are trained and certified to build and install replacement windows. Depending on the project, labor could cost around $100 to $300 for a simple installation, but rise to $600 if it’s complex. Where you live, the location and accessibility of your windows, and how many we’re installing will affect the labor price.
- Customizations: Our quality-made replacement windows are also fully customizable. We have many decorative colors and grille options to choose from to make your window personal and unique.
Beyond the physical value of our window replacements, our windows come with many features and added benefits that may make them more costly. Despite the higher price tag, these benefits are well worth the cost:
Benefits of Replacement Windows
- Energy Efficiency: You’ll save more money in the long run with our energy-efficient replacement windows. The multi-chambered vinyl frame and double-paned, insulated glass will prevent heat transfer, making it easier to control your home’s temperature and saving you 7-15% on all your home’s energy bills.
- Safety and Security: Old windows are thin and easily breakable. With double locks, insulated glass, and weathertight frames, our replacement windows are incredibly durable, safe, and secure.
- Noise Reduction: Our replacement windows are durable and insulated, which helps cancel out noise pollution from outside. Your home will be quiet and peaceful.
- Increased Home Value: New windows will dramatically improve your home’s curb appeal and beautify your home.
Don’t be intimidated by the price tag. Improve your home with new windows. Blue Ridge Exteriors is the best choice for quality replacement windows in Richmond. Once you’ve decided to replace your old windows, we’ll help you determine the right window and provide a free estimate. We’ll even take $100 off your project, so you can worry less about the price and get excited to beautify your home.